Friday, March 11, 2011

Here's the rest of the story!

Since June 2009… As Paul Harvey says… Here’s the rest of the story!

I’ve written before about what a difference a day can make. Well, what a difference a year can make also. June of 2009 I did a Toastmasters’ speech on the heartbreak my daughter was suffering because of infertility. While she felt led to write a daily devotional book geared towards infertile women, her heartbreak was immense. I myself could barely give the speech without sobbing knowing how my daughter suffered so and knowing there wasn’t a thing I could do about it.

In February of 2010 we learned my mom’s cancer had returned with a vengeance. As my sister, Laurie and I left the hospital after another surgery, we knew our mom would not see the end of 2010. It was so sad, I shared with Laurie that I just wished God would let mom live long enough to KNOW that Meghan was pregnant! She’d been praying for Meghan for four years and I wanted her to know that God had answered our prayers the way we wanted Him to! I left St Petersburg, Florida and after stopping home for one night to say hi to Ray, flew to St Louis to take Meghan to the Dr’s for an infertility procedure, since Charles would be out of town and she couldn’t drive herself. Little did I know that Meghan and Charles had been scheming to get Ray and I up there, (Ray didn’t cooperate) to tell us that FINALLY they were pregnant! (It’s all on video)

My mom not only got to know Meghan was pregnant; she got to see Meghan while she was pregnant. I was hoping that she would hold on until the little one arrived, but she went to glory in August of 2010 and our Little Miss Madelyn Grace arrived October 23, 2010! I know my mom was dancing with the angels at 8:55am that wonderful day!

October 2009 God Laid Lost Stork Foundation on Meghan and Charles’ hearts. Meghan and I felt that a cook book would be a great way to start. We hoped for 150 recipes and got 263! We took this as confirmation that that’s what God wanted. We came across an incredible webmaster who created an amazing webpage for us at a very reasonable price. We were thrilled with how things seemed to be falling into place. Mostly, we were looking forward to awarding grants to couples this spring.

But…. The cookbooks aren’t selling like we expected we still don’t have an official grant application, (that requires a lawyer) and Meghan has had to turn away nearly 10 couples in the past 2 weeks for lack of funds.


SO, how do you KNOW it’s God’s will? I’m 100% positive it IS God’s will for Lost Stork to be. I am positive He’s using Meghan’s sorrow to bring unspeakable joy to other couples by being a part of the “fix” of infertility.

Touched? How can you help? PRAY!!! We’ve watched miracle after miracle happen, but we want more miracles. Buy a cookbook! Get the word out, this year we plan on having at least one big fund-raiser. If you’ve ever done fund-raising you know what an over whelming task it can be! We’re thinking of a Bowl-a-thon so the whole family can participate and weather won’t be a consideration. Want to help? You can leave a comment for me, or you can go to http://loststorkfoundation.org/ and leave a comment there.

The main goal of Lost Stork is to help infertile couples realize their dream of having their own little miracle!

No comments: