Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Day 5 Americade/New England




We left George and Mary's bright and early to head for our fist exeperience at Americade in Lake George, NY.




We stopped at the Welcome Center in Binghamton, NY on I-81, there were a couple of guys there with free coffee and snacks (we made a donation for Little League) they were very helpful, asking us if we were headed to Americade. We left several bumper stickers with them, they both promised they would put bumper stickers on their vehicles. Although we were on the Interstate it was a beautiful ride! The pics above are at the Welcome Center, what a view huh? (yes, for those of you with photography experience...I'm learning how to operate my surprise gift from Ray the day before we left on our trip, a very nice digital camera. I read I should use the lens hood...(I had no idea what that was until I looked it up on the computer) and as you can see, I didn't exactly have it on right.... sigh.... there will be a few more pics like that before I realized it was on wrong. oh well, I'm trying to be more high tech... do I get any points for that?
On with the adventure!
We arrived in Lake George around 5:00pm, LOTS of motorcycles!! After checking into our hotel we walked a few blocks to eat dinner at a local restaurant. (the food was great!) Then we walked around a few outlet stores nearby. One of the stores was going out of business and everything was 50% off, well, you KNOW I had to go in that store! :) I found a pair of timberland boots perfect for motorcyling marked down from $100 to $50, I was pretty happy with that since all the other quality boots I've found were at least $100. We went to check out and wha-la.... they were only $25!!! So, I've been wearing my bargin boots all week. After that, we walked back to the hotel, and shortly thereafter fell asleep.

No comments: