Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day 7: Americade/New England





Tuesday, June 3: We took our first tour, Covered Bridges in NY and Vermont. We were supposed to go by 9, but our guide got off track and missed the last 2. We had a great lunch at an old train depot. I did get a few pics of covered bridges and passed by some beautiful countryside. Had we not been on a group ride I would have made Ray stop many times to take pictures. We've already met so many interesting people. Motorcycles bring people from all walks of life together, pretty cool. For the most part bikers don't care what you ride, just that you ride. (there are a few "brand snobs") We had lunch with Barbara and Barry, they live in Delaware. We choose the same tours and times so we'll get to know them better I'm sure.
The pics above are scenes from our trip. I'm standing in front of the covered bridge, this is the only one we stopped at and got to get off the bikes and walk around. I didn't bother taking my helmet and jacket off. Ray's standing on the caboose at the old Train Depot where we ate lunch.

When we got back to Lake George we walked through the Tour Expo, lots of vendors. I looked for luggage for my motorcycle. We found several options but won't decide until tomorrow or Thursday. Again, by the time we got back to our hotel we were worn out.

No comments: